Table of Contents
The Hornby Education Trust is proud to announce the Hornby Trust Scholarship, a program designed to prioritize capacity building for English language teaching in low- and middle-income countries. The scholarship aims to award master’s degree scholarships to educators and professionals with demonstrated potential to significantly impact the field of English language teaching and learning in their home countries. The University of Exeter is a prominent public research institution located in the Southwest of England, boasts campuses in Exeter and Cornwall. Established in 1955, the university has evolved into a leading academic institution, both nationally and internationally. Exeter provides an extensive array of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs spanning diverse disciplines such as business, law, humanities, social sciences, sciences, and engineering.
Application Deadline for Hornby Trust Scholarship:1st March 2024.
Brief Description of the Scholarship
- University or Organization: The scholarship is a collaborative effort between the Hornby Education Trust and the University of Exeter.
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s degree in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages).
- Award: Full fees, stipend of at least £15,500, return international travel costs.
- Access Mode: Online.
- Number of Awards: Up to ten
- Nationality: Nationals of and working in low and middle-income countries as defined by the OECD DAC list.
- The award can be taken in: UK
- Eligible Countries: Residents of and workers in low or middle-income countries as per the OECD DAC list.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Any subject offered by the University of Exeter under the MEd TESOL program.
- Admissible Criteria: Applicants must have a minimum of three years’ full-time TESOL teaching or related professional experience after their first degree. They should also hold an undergraduate degree or relevant postgraduate degree.
How to Apply for the Hornby Trust ScholarshipInterested candidates should first complete the University of Exeter application for admission to the MEd TESOL program. Once an Exeter student number is obtained, applicants can then complete the Hornby Scholarship application form. The application requires a covering letter addressing key challenges faced by English language teachers, how the MEd TESOL at the University of Exeter will help tackle these challenges, and the applicant’s suitability for the Hornby Scholarship.Then, once you have obtained an Exeter student number, please complete the Hornby Scholarship application form? CLICK HERE
Benefits of Hornby Trust Scholarships
- Full fee waiver.
- Stipend of at least £15,500 for accommodation and living costs.
- Return international travel costs for one journey to the UK at the start of the course and one journey back to the home country at the end of the course.
- Shortlisting Notification: No later than 15th April 2024.
- Interviews: Weeks commencing Monday 29th April & Monday 6th May.
- Final Outcome Notification: No later than 22nd May 2024.
Terms & Conditions:
- Personal details and data may be shared with the University of Exeter, Hornby Trust, and Final Selection Panel members.
- Scholarship conditional on prior application to the University of Exeter for the MEd TESOL program.
- Not awarded in conjunction with other scholarships.
- Scholarship may be withdrawn if offer is deferred, fee status is changed, or studies are interrupted post-enrollment.
- Application Deadline: 1st March 2024.
- Number of Awards: 10.
- Value: Full fee waiver, stipend, travel costs*.
- Duration of Award: 1 year.
- Contact: HASS Student Recruitment & Admissions – firstname.lastname@example.org