Do you want to study in New Zealand? Make your dream come true by applying for the International Excellence Scholarship offered by the University of Otago. The scholarships are also designed to support those students best placed to impact society in their future careers positively.
Otago International Excellence Scholarships welcome, support and recognize the best international students commencing selected postgraduate programmes. These merit-based scholarships recognize academic excellence, diversity, and leadership potential in supporting high-achieving students in their studies. The University of Otago is New Zealand’s first university, founded in 1869. It is divided into four academic divisions and has an international reputation for excellence and teaching.
Why study at the University of Otago? While studying at this university, candidates can gain high-quality educational experience, enjoy student services, and take advantage of many careers and educational opportunities.
- University or Organization: University of Otago
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Master’s program
- Awards: Up to NZ$10,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in: New Zealand
- Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until 10 December 2022.
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Master’s degree programme.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be international students who are not citizens, permanent residents or resident visa holders of New Zealand or Australia*; and
- Have met the entry requirements for an eligible programme; and
- Have met the award level for the scholarship; and
- Be subject to paying international tuition fees; and
- Be intending to commence full-time study in that programme in 2023.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: There is no separate application process for this award. Applicants must receive an offer to enrol in the master’s degree program at the University of Otago.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates might be asked to provide the following documents: A pre-qualification degree, academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: To admission to the university, the candidate must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: If English is not your first language, you must show your English language ability by IELTS and TOEFL tests.
The University of Otago will provide an award amount of up to NZ$10,000 for tuition fees to the successful candidates.